The fall season is here with us. Do you have a wedding coming up? Are you a hands-on bride? Then, take advantage of the current blossoms to capture the spirit of the season on the best day of your life. How do you do this?
On average, 44,230 nuptials happen each week. Make sure your flower arrangement stands out. You don’t have to be an expert to bring out your ideas into the wedding.
Opt for gorgeous texture and an array of shades that take your bridal theme a notch higher. Then, engage a wedding planner or florist who will know how to arrange your chosen flowers.
Do you have any ideas up your sleeves? If not, here are a few DIY wedding flowers inspirations to get you started: –
What Constitutes the DIY Wedding Flowers?
Your choice of wedding flowers must be suitable for the following categories: –
- A bouquet for the bride, the bride of honor, and bridesmaids;
- A set of flowers for the bride’s hair and;
- The flower girl’s headpiece, basket décor, and petals for tossing.
Your bouquet should be the most sophisticated of all your flower arrangements. Choose a set of loose flowers for the bride’s hairpin. Use hot-glue to stick the flowers to the flower girl’s headband and basket decorations.
The Romantic Rose Arrangement
Now, we all know that roses spell romance, right? Then, bring out your romantic sense using a unique rose story. Even so, if you are a rose bride, think outside the box when coming up with your best wedding flowers. Here is how: –
- Roses, eucalyptus, anemones, and dusty miller make a colorful floral arrangement. They result in a sage, ivory, pink, blush, and green appeal.
- Are you creating a rustic yet romantic ambiance for your wedding day? Then, opt for a blend of wax flowers, roses, and eucalyptus. Transitional foliage like maple or oak brings out the fall mood. They have a rustic red or yellow leafing associated with the season.
- Use vines, greenery, seeded eucalyptus, or astilbe as your fillers. Add some blackberries to your sensual arrangement.
The Dahlia Story
Do you love bold colors? Or, are you hosting a country garden wedding? Then, prepare DIY wedding flowers with the enormous dahlia flower as your centerpiece.
Dahlias are beautiful symmetrical flowers that bloom during fall. The home grown flowers bring out a casual poise at the wedding venue. Hence, they are a money saver when working on a tight budget.
Choose between a blush, rose, peach ivory, or creamy pink hue. Check out the following combinations: –
- Arrange some tulips, greenery, and dahlias for a pink bouquet.
- Get your dahlia, berries, garden roses, and amaranths together. It’s a bright bouquet that will catch the attention of your guests.
- Use your dahlia flowers at the centerpiece tables. Or, arrange a few to top up your cake.
Hydrangeas Wedding Bouquets
The hydrangeas are your best pick for a delicate yet lush and dense bridal bouquet. These rare flowers last for a short time after cutting. They may cost a lot to preserve.
Hence, hydrangeas retail at a higher price than traditional wedding flowers. They are an ideal choice for the bridal bouquet. Still, DIY wedding flowers that include hydrangeas are worth every coin.
Here are two floral arrangement ideas for you: –
- Use the hydrangeas, garden roses, and stock in your floral arrangement. Let the hydrangeas be your DIY flower centerpiece. This way, your bouquet will stand out from those of your bridesmaids.
- If you run a theme that blends with nature, opt to mix your hydrangeas with some ferns and succulents.
For your fillers, arrange come hanging amaranth or some seeded eucalyptus, or both.
Other fall flowers that can transform your wedding into a memorable event include: –
- Chocolate cosmos.
- Nerine lilies.
Use these following flowers to add to your current theme. Your florist or event planner can help you distribute DIY wedding flowers. Hence the bride, bride of honor, and flower girls will look stunning in their floral patterns.